Usually, the Error Code 0x803F7001 appears when there is a failure in the Windows 10 Activation or Update process. Since Microsoft has changed the activation process for Windows 10, there have been errors in the windows activation process. Error 0x803f7001 indicates the failure in the windows 10 activation or up-gradation process when connected with Microsoft Servers for Validation.
Earlier is was simple to activate any version of windows simply by using the product keys. But now with the Microsofts’s Digital Entitlement Update, there are also available methods that can activate windows without the need for product keys anymore. Digital Entitlement also helps in updating to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1. Since there have been reports in many user forums that there have been flaws that bring up the Error.
What Causes Windows 10 Error 0x803f7001?
The main cause of this error are flaws that are caused by the following reasons:
- 0x803f7001 Error, When there is a hardware update. This can be the potential for the error as after changing the hardware, there could be a misconfiguration in Windows settings.
- Windows 10 activation failed because this device doesn’t have a valid digital entitlement
- SLUI not Functional. Since activating windows 10 using SLUI is one of the popular and free methods to activate Windows 10, but if there is any mistake in the steps or proper configuration, the 0x803F7001 error will appear.
Methods to Fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0x803f7001
1. Wait For Error to Get Away Itself
The main thing is to simply wait for the error to getaway itself. On studying the Microsoft Support for the error, it was reported that Windows 10 error code 0x803f7001 eliminates once there is a proper connection with Microsoft Database. Another thing to be noted is that error 0x803f7001 after hardware upgrade like motherboard can suddenly appear. However, after the usage for a few days, the error gets away itself.
2. Use Different Windows 10 Product Key
Usually, after activating the Windows 10 using product keys, the user may experience the error stating “Activation failed because this device doesn’t have a valid digital entitlement or product key. Error code: 0x803F7001”. This error typically means that the product key used for the activation is not valid. In such cases, the user needs to change the product key with a new one and validate windows once again.
Follow the steps below to change the Windows 10 Product key:
- Go to Settings, and open Update and Security Option.
- Click on the Windows Activation Screen,
- Click on the Change Product Key tab and click YES on the prompt.
- Change the Product key with the new ones.
- After receiving the message on entering the valid product key, Simply restart your PC
( The message saying: you have activated Windows 10)
3. Activate Windows 10 By Phone
Usually, windows error 0x803f7001 appears due to false Digital Entitlement report. There is also another method which allows activating Windows 10 using the smartphone. User can now simply activate the latest windows using the SLUI process along with the mobile phone. Follow the steps below to activate Windows by mobile phone;
- Open ‘RUN’ toolbar by pressing ‘Windows Key’ along with ‘R Key’.
- Type ‘SLUI 4’ and press Enter,
- Now press ‘OK’ to run the command.
- Select your ‘country and region’,
- Now call the toll free number that appears on the screen for your region.
- Follow the instructions and share the windows product ID and Windows activation key you have got.
- Now wait for the confirmation ID in reply.
- Enter the Activation ID and press on Activation Tab.
4. Upgrade the Windows 10 Again from Previous Versions.
The basic and the oldest method to solve any activation related problem or error in Windows 10. Upgrading windows 10 again from Windows 7 or Windows 8 has been the traditional method. All the user need is to install any previous version of Windows and activate it. After the activation process, the user can simply upgrade to Windows 10 using the Windows 10 Update process.
The error code 0x803f7001 is basically the reason for failure in the Windows activation process. This can either be eliminated using genuine Windows 10 product keys or contacting the toll-free number for getting the valid activation code. Hope the methods that we have listed solves your problem. If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, just let us know in the comments below.
MUST READ: How to Defrag Windows 10?