In Windows 10, upgrade, repair, install or reinstall needs a special tool. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is the key tool to perform any major action in windows 10. It is used to create the ISO file for windows, thus making it necessary to back up the copy of Windows 10. In order to install or upgrade to Windows 10, an external drive is required.
A drive like DVD/CD or USB Pen Drive is used to install the windows ISO file to make the external hard drive bootable. Windows 10 media creation tool helps to create the one with making the ISO image of Windows 10 over the drive. It also helps to install the Windows 10 to any other device. It is very convenient and easy to install windows 10 using the media creation tool. Follow the article to know completely about Media creation tool and how to create a bootable ISO file for Windows 10.
What is Windows 10 Media Creation Tool?
Windows Media Creation Tool is a utility tool that is developed by Microsoft itself. This tool is developed to make easy for the users to upgrade the windows 10 and also create the ISO backup file on the external hard drives. This tool is also useful when windows 10 needs to be repaired.
To help all users who have upgraded from Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10, Microsoft has just released Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to allow users download Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft, without having to enter the Windows 10 Product Key.
Microsoft media creation tool to download windows 10 in both 32 bit and 64 bit editions. With this tool, Windows 10 can also be directly downloaded to any PC without the need of Windows product keys. User can download the following version of Windows directly using the media creation tool.
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Home N
- Windows 10 Home Single Language
- Windows 10 Pro
- Windows Pro N
After downloading the Windows 10 ISO file, you can use the same Media Creation Tool to create bootable DVD or bootable USB of Windows 10. Another catchy thing is that downloading windows 10 using this tool lets the user get the activated windows directly. There is no need to activate the windows using the windows 10 product key. Also, it helps to upgrade from Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 directly to Windows 10.
Update Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool
Media Creation tool in Windows 10 is useful to upgrade the current version of windows to the latest one. There are many reports from the users that while upgrading, Windows 10 update error 0x803f7001 may occur and leads to the failure in Windows 10 Upgrade. In such cases, the media creation tool plays an important role in downloading and installing the updates for windows.
To upgrade Windows 10 using the Media creation tool, follow the below-listed steps:
- Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from Microsoft’s official website. ( Or from the Link Below)
- Run the Media Creation Tool. Make sure to run this tool, as an administrator and select Accept.
- Wait patiently for Media Creation Tool to get a few things ready.
- On the What do you want to do page, select Upgrade this PC now, and then click Next.
- Now the Media Creation Tool will download some files for updates and then check your PC.
(This process may take some time. Just wait patiently and it won’t be too long)
- Read the license terms and click Accept.
- Wait for Media Creation Tool to check for updates.
- Now the tool will check for your PC again and make sure you are ready to install.
- Choose Change what to keep, you can select what to keep by yourself.
- Choose whether you would like to Keep personal files and apps, Keep personal files only, or keep Nothing during the upgrade. After selection, then click Next to continue.
- Close any running applications and when you’re ready, select Install. During the installation, your PC will restart for a few times. Please don’t turn off your PC.
Create Bootable External Drive Using Media Creation Tool
Media creation tool can create the ISO file from any version of windows to an external hard drive. This tool creates the image so of windows so that it can be installed easily over any PC. Only windows 10 enterprise is not available to be created as an ISO file, rest every version can help to create bootable disc. After completing the process, the user can simply use the drive to install Windows 10 over any system.
Another function of Window 10 Media Creation Tool is that it can help you create an installation media for another PC or download ISO file. And all Windows 10 editions are available when you select Windows 10, except for Enterprise edition. When finished, you can use the bootable USB drive or DVD disc to install Windows 10.
Please make sure to backup all files and folder along with the important settings before reinstalling or repairing the Windows using media creation tool. Make sure to have a working internet connection, blank flash/CD/DVD drive with min 8GB memory. Windows 10 Product key is required to activate the freshly installed copy of windows.
Follow the steps to create bootable ISO:
- Download and install Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- Check the second option Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC and click Next.
- Select preferred language, edition of windows, and architecture for Windows ISO boot file.
- Choose what kind of media storage device you want to use. Or Choose USB flash drive and press Next.
- Select the USB drive you want to use for creating Windows 10 installation media and click Next.
- Now, Media Creation Tool starts to download the latest Windows 10 installation files on your computer or device.
- When the download is completed, it will start to create Windows 10 media. When it is done, click Finish and then you can use that drive to boot up your computer and install Windows 10.
- If the computer that you want to install Windows 10 has a DVD player, you can also select ISO file to burn the ISO file to a DVD later.
Upgrade to Windows 10 Using Migration Tool.
Media Creation Tool Windows 10 is a simple tool that can even upgrade the user to windows 10. This tool can simply download and install the Windows 10 on PC simply upgrading through Windows 8 or Windows 7. This tool also helps to simply migrate from the current version of windows to the latest one.
The option to upgrade the Windows 10 offers the migration of Windows 10 also. Thus if in the case in any PC, the user seeks to transfer windows without installation, then a backup can be prepared. This saves time along with migrating windows, there is no need to install the fresh copy of windows again. Here is an incredible tool from Partition Wizard called Minitool.
Minitool is a free migration tool that helps to migrate Windows along with all its files and settings. It simply converts FAT to NTFS, thus making it a quick tool. It can easily convert MBR to GPT without any data losses. It is also a useful tool to migrate the current installed OS from one drive to another. ( Moving Windows 10 from HDD to SSD).
Follow the steps below to migrate windows 10 without reinstalling it:
- Shut down your computer and take out your system disk. Connect the HDD/SSD to another PC of your family or friends who are using the latest Windows 10 via a SATA-to-USB cable.
- Download and install the free system cloning software to a computer by clicking the following button. And run it to get the main interface.
- Select the function Migrate OS to SSD/HD Wizard on the top toolbar.
- Choose option B to move the operating system to another hard disk, as the following picture shows.
- Then, choose your HDD/SSD to migrate OS to and click Next.
- All data saved on your HDD/SSD will be destroyed, so please make sure there is no important file and data on the SSD or backup significant ones in advance. Then click Yes on the pop-up window.
- Choose a copy method and click Next. If you choose the first one, system partition and boot partition will be enlarged to take up all space of the SSD. If you choose the second one, partitions will be cloned with the same partition size, but you can adjust partition size and location according to actual demands by dragging the handle.
- This page will remind you to reset BIOS order, giving the new SSD boot priority, so your computer can boot from the new system disk successfully. Then click Finish.
- At last, please click Apply button on the top to apply all these pending operations.